What we collect
We may collect the following information:
• name and job title;
• contact information including email address;
• demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests;
• other information relevant to our services.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• Internal record keeping.
• Improvement of our services.
• From time to time, we may send promotional emails about upcoming events and courses, special offers or other information which you may find interesting using the email address that you have provided.
• From time to time, we may contact you for market research purposes. We may use this information to customise the website according to your interests.
The information we gather will also be used to add users and members to the MedEdWorld Community.
Your name, title and county will be added to the MedEdWorld Community, this is visible to registered users and members only. Any other information you provide to the community is at your own discretion.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We will never (and will not allow any third party to) use the statistical analytics tool to track or to collect any Personally Identifiable Information (PII) of visitors to our site. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. Neither we nor Google will link, or seek to link, an IP address with the identity of a computer user. We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any Personally Identifiable Information from any source, unless you explicitly submit that information via a fill-in form on our website.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to our users’ needs.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can tick to indicate that you do or do not want to be added to our mailing lists. If this box is not visible the information you submit will not be added to our mailing list and will be used for internal record keeping only.
• If you have previously agreed to us adding you to our mailing lists, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at [email protected] In your email please specify if you wish to be removed from the AMEE mailing list, the MedEdWorld Select mailing list or both.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to:
AMEE Secretariat, 12 Airlie Place, Dundee, DD1 4HJ, Scotland, UK
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.