Nov 28, 2019
The Faculty of Medicine of McGill University is conducting a search for an internationally respected individual to lead the research, educational and outreach activities of the Institute of Health Sciences Education (IHSE). The IHSE, created in February 2019, promotes excellence and scholarship across the continuum of health sciences education. More specifically, the IHSE at McGill:
• Assembles scholars to conduct research and scholarly work in health sciences education;
• Ensures that research advances the field of health sciences education and informs educational practice;
• Provides consultation and feedback on health sciences education research projects;
• Encourages innovation and excellence in teaching and learning; and
• Offers educational programs and capacity building for future leaders in health sciences education.
With an active interest in the development and enhancement of health sciences education and practice, members of the IHSE include clinicians, educators and researchers from diverse backgrounds and disciplines. Bringing together research and practice, this unique mix of individuals moves beyond traditional departmental and disciplinary boundaries to create new knowledge, enable capacity-building, and promote knowledge translation in the field. A successful candidate will be named Director of the IHSE.
Further details and a french language job description are attached