Sep 30, 2019
The Assistant Director of Multicultural Affairs-GME reports to the Director of OMA. He/she is responsible for conceiving and implementing programs centered on diversity and inclusion in order to recruit and develop diverse learners at the School of Medicine. This person will serve as the expert on GME diversity recruitment, retention and pipeline program matters and primary liaison between internal/external partners. This work will be accomplished independently or in collaboration with GME and OMA colleagues as well as SOM and university colleagues. Specifically, the Assistant Director is responsible for the following areas:
• GME Learner Engagement and Support Programs
• Collecting and Compiling GME Diversity Data
• Working closely with the GME Deans, Programs and Office Staff
• OMA Program Coordination/Management
Assists in directing the strategic planning, development, and implementation of programs. Represents the organization at meetings, conferences and other events. May develop and present speeches or presentations to generate or enhance awareness of program(s). Provides technical support by evaluating established processes, conducting training, attending operational meetings and networking with affiliated groups. Monitors progress toward achieving established objectives and deadlines. Participates in planning, administering and monitoring program related budgets. Conducts research, designs new initiatives, and collaborates with others to ensure program(s) remain viable.
May serve on, hold office in, or chair committees. May write publishable articles and papers. May supervise staff. Oversees or assists in developing operational and statistical reports for management and regulatory agencies. Ensures required records and documentation are maintained. Performs related responsibilities as required.
• Bachelor's degree in a field related to the program(s) and five years of program related experience,
• OR equivalent combination of experience, education, and training.
1. Serves as member of the OMA
2. Attend/participate in GME Program Coordinators and Directors Meetings
3. Ongoing consultation with GME Programs regarding diversity issues
4. Lead efforts to conceive and implement comprehensive and strategic initiatives designed for GME programs in order to accomplish a range of objectives aligned with overall SOM diversity
5. Ensure effectiveness of strategies and programs by documenting, reviewing, and analyzing results in coordination with colleagues.
6. Serve as a resource for GME, OMA, SOM and other University offices that engage diverse learner populations. Share best practices and provide feedback and assistance when possible on projects.
7. Works with Director and Associate Director of OMA to manage
8. Collect and compile GME diversity data records for reports, and run reports in various databases and software.
9. Serves as staff advisor for the Resident Diversity in Medicine Collective group
10.Some travel required. This role will travel for events and related research as needed.
11.Assist with other OMA programs and initiatives
How to Apply
Job Number: 40490
Applications must be submitted online through Emory University Careers portal